Mohit Chauhan’s 10 best songs beyond “Kun Faya Kun”
April 12, 2019 · 2 Minute Read
Mohit Chauhan‘s rise in the Indian music scene has been meteoric. Chauhan burst onto the scene in true indie fashion. The song “Dooba Dooba” by his indie-pop band Silk Route was a surprise hit, and Chauhan hasn’t looked back since.
There are many tracks by Mohit Chauhan that are loved by millions.
Let’s take a look at 10 best tracks by Mohit Chauhan:
1. “Masakali” – Taken from Delhi 6, “Masakali” is was composed by ace music director A.R. Rahman and penned by famed lyricist Prasoon Joshi. The track is naughty and playful, and gained immense traction when it released in 2009.
2. “Behroopia” – Featured on Anurag Kashyap’s big-budgeted Bombay Velvet, “Behroopia” was an instant hit. The track was written by Amitabh Bhattacharya and composed by Amit Trivedi, and has vocals by Neeti Mohan as well.
3. “Ghar” – A slow, heartfelt track from the movie Jab Harry Met Sejal, “Ghar” is often overlooked, but is one of the best tracks performed by Mohit Chauhan. Composed by Pritam and written by Irshad Kamil, the track has Nikhita Gandhi on female vocals.
4. “Oye Boy Charlie” – A culmination of some of the biggest names in the Hindi music industry, “Oye Boy Charlie” fuses traditional Indian music with a funky guitar solo. The song has lyrics by Gulzar, and has vocals by Rekha Bhardwaj, Shankar Mahadevan and Mohit Chauhan.
5. “Tujhe Bhula Diya” – From the movie Anjaana Anjaani, “Tujhe Bhula Diya” is a quintessential Bollywood love song. Composed by Vishal and Shekhar, Mohit Chauhan, Shekhar Ravjiani and Shruti Pathak, have lent their voices to this evergreen song.
6. “Tujhko Jo Paaya” – Released almost a decade ago, “Tujhko Jo Paaya” is one of the most popular romantic tracks of the 2010s. Part of the Crook soundtrack, the song is played entirely on an acoustic guitar.
7. “Khoon Chala” – Another A.R. Rahman and Mohit Chauhan collaboration, “Khoon Chala” is an emotional track about the pain of a mother who has lost her son. Written by Prasoon Joshi, it’s a slow-paced, heart-wrenching track that has stood the test of time.
8. “Dooriyan” – A chart-topping love song, “Dooriyan“, from the movie Love Aaj Kal, is deep, nostalgic and evergreen. A solo performance, the song cemented Chauhan’s place in the industry as one of the top playback singers in the country.
9. “Hafiz Hafiz” – Released just last year from the movie Laila Majnu, “Hafiz Hafiz” is an inspired by Kashmiri music. Chauhan’s singing is effortless, and the track adequately describes undying, unflinching love.
10. “Khaabon Ke Parinday” – With flamenco guitars and feel of carelessness, “Khaabon Ke Parinday” is a fun track about the unending possibilities of life. The song features female vocals by Alyssa Mendonsa, and has been penned by Javed Akhtar. It has been taken from the movie Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.